Friday, December 5, 2008

Out of the box






When it comes to clothing I'm not a risk taker. I'm a pretty plain, jeans and tshirt kind of girl. But, every once and awhile I see something that pulls me out of my little box. I saw these 3 corduroy coordinating prints at Hancocks awhile back and I knew just the pattern I'd use them for. I love the fabric. It's a bit crazy, a little retro and funky. Very nice hand, not too thick and great colors. I actually had cut this outfit out for O. at the beginning of the fall in a size 3. It just fit, as my girl has had a bit of a growth spurt and next time I'd be better off with the size 4. Anyway, I finished it last night and she tried it on. She loved it. I even broke out the old snap press and used snaps rather than buttons. Oh, and check out that top stitching. Which calls to mind that I need to read up a bit more on my camera features...I couldn't figure out how to do a real closeup without getting a really blurry picture...but you get the idea.

0 comments: