Friday, August 22, 2014

Fresh white

Slowly, ever so slowly I've been making chances to my home. For the last couple weeks I've been working on painting. I know repainting a bathroom shouldn't take that long. However, if you change your mind about the color, it can take that long. While I knew I wanted lighter than the sickly yellow that was in there to begin with, the white I picked had the same yellow undertones. It didn't quite do enough to brighten up a small room that has no natural light. Originally I picked a color called Cotton from Clark and Kensington that I got free from Ace Hardware. Free is good. But after getting 3 walls painted, I didn't love it. Remembering I had a can of Benjamin Moore Simply White color matched in Clark and Kensington eggshell I decided to start over. Can I say how much I love it! It's light and bright. It feels so fresh and really makes the dark wood pieces in the small bathroom really pop. It makes the space seem larger somehow and a little like my own private spa. It's amazing how much a little paint can change a room.

0 comments: